How to live your healthiest life after cancer
- Cancer survivors
- People with a potential for higher risk factors: family history of cancer, genetic syndrome in the family, poor diet, obesity, use of tobacco, exposure to radiation and chemicals
- Care taker or family members of cancer survivors
Aim of the workshop:
Provide up-to-date information and practical advice around nutrition and healthy lifestyle.
Create a supportive environment.
Whats being offered?
- 3 sessions / workshops (Saturday mornings): 28th April, 5th May, 12th May 2018
- 10-12:30 morning hours
- Handouts, recipes, information
- Support group
Price: $650 for 3 sessions of 2.5 H each
All the information in a handout booklet and an online support group
What will we be covering?
Session 1. Nutrition
- What kind of research is available around nutrition and cancer?
- Controversies around food and cancer (dairy, meat, soy, ketogenic, plant based…)
- Foods to avoid in ones diet
- Foods to add to ones diet
- Nutrition Plate: how much of each nutrient should we be eating
- Vitamins, minerals and antioxidants (includes talking about supplements)
- How to get the most nutrition out of food (cooking methods, storage, cooking utensils…)
Session 2. Body Mind Connection
Stress & Anxiety
- What does stress do to your body?
- How to deal with anxiety and fear around cancer
- Stress & Anxiety Management
Sleep & Exercise
- What does lack of sleep do to your body and mind
- Advice and strategies on healthy sleeping habits
- Research around exercise and cancer
- How exercise affects your body and mind
- Types of exercise recommended
Session 3 Detoxification & Reducing Chemical exposure
- Clean food (Hormones, Pesticides, Antibiotics, GMO’s, Hormones), how to source and what to look out for.
- Clean Water
- Supporting your detoxification pathways (liver, lymph, skin)
Isabel Galiano (Left) and Karin G. Reiter (Right)
Isabel Galiano is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. She is also a Certified Yoga Instructor with a focus on Yoga Therapy and Meditation. Isabel has a special devotion for coaching people dealing with cancer.
After surviving cancer herself, Isabel decided to quit her job as CEO of a successful radio station and focus on health and wellbeing. Determined to turn her personal experience into a positive inspiration for others, her aim is to empower people to live their healthiest and happiest life. Creating a support system for people suffering any kind of ailment by integrating nutritional guidance, physical activity and motivation techniques has become her passion.
Karin G. Reiter , functional medicine nutritionist, fitness trainer, author, wife, mama and founder of Nutritious N’ Delicious, has been a leader in the nutrition and wellness industry for the last 10 years.
Karin founded Nutritious N’ Delicious in 2011 in Australia (after a corporate career in law and finance) and her aim was to touch as many people as possible and provide knowledge, support, guidance and advise on building a healthier life style. She has led workshops and nutrition programs in Singapore, Hong Kong, Israel and Australia.
Karin’s passion is to educate, to ask questions and to bring to light the importance of natural, nourishing foods.
Karin is a passionate speaker & journalist in the area of nutrition and has written for numerous publications in the USA, Australia, Israel and through-out Asia. Karin is also the author of 2 children’s recipe books branded “The rosy checked kids”.
You will find Karin travelling with her family all over the world, in the kitchen developing and creating healthy recipes or drinking a green juice after a yoga practice.
The location of the workshops is determined by the size of the class (we limit the size of the class to 25).
We will let you know the exact location of the class prior to signing up. The location will be in Orchard Area Singapore.
Can I bring my kids along with me to a workshop?
We are very happy to have you bring your kids along, however we would like you to note that most of the workshops have a lecture component and that would require your child to sit still for an hour without disturbing other participants.
Perhaps bringing along some games, an activity and a snack might help you child sit through-out the lecture component.
I cannot make the workshop date, will there be other workshops?
Yes, we update our dates quarterly, just check your required workshop for additional dates or email: Heidi@nutritiousndelicious.com
Can my domestic helper come to the workshop?
Yes, we welcome anyone and everyone in our workshops.